- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 French shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary sprigs
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 tin of chickpeas, well-drained and rinsed
- baby spinach, to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and rosemary sprigs and cook for around 3–4 minutes to soften. Add the sweet potato and cook for a further minute. Add the lentils, the stock and enough water to submerge the vegetables by 3–4 cm.
Simmer on medium-low heat for around 35–40 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft and the lentils are cooked. Add the chickpeas in the last 10 minutes. Season to taste.